Blume - In Reverse


 Right after releasing my debut album, “Synthetic Sounds For The Modern Soul”, earlier this year, I got busy working on a follow up. The writing and recording process took place in my apartments spare room, Downtown Edmonton in the springtime 2021. I always seem to get a large burst of creative energy when the seasons change and I wanted to harness that with this album. With it being written in the spring I feel like it has a more upbeat vibe overall.


Many of the tracks started off with me playing around with reversed guitar loops, hence the name, “In Reverse”. I wanted the songs on this album to have a bit more structure to them and be a bit more song based in a way so after I had the initial reversed loops in place I would play over those trying to pick out a melody or some structure in the repetition. Eventually after adding some chords or a bass line the tracks started to resemble songs and I started to write lyrics and vocal melodies for the songs. By the end of the process I was left with 10 songs that I was pleased with. I feel like these 10 songs take off where the previous album left off, but continued to grow into something new while still being familiar.